Tunisian Hook Size

I am preparing to start my first Tunisian project - an afghan. I looked locally for a hook today without any luck (only option was Michaels or JoAnns)... so I am now looking online. I notice that they come in a multitude of sizes. The Denise hooks are appealing because they are interchangeable... but I am wondering what size I should be looking at for cable length? I have seen everything from 3" to 22" and then more. Any suggestions? I have worked with a multitude of different hooks over the years (mainly cheap ones!) I tend to pick a hook by how I can grip it rather than the tip style (ex... I have found I prefer the crochet lite lately since they have a larger area for my fingers to grip, etc)

I am open to all suggestions :)

Thanks!

I got mine on ebay.. and they are 33" and that includes the cable

I personaly like the one's that are dangle.. the Steel one's hurt my wrists,

if you'd like the Seller who i get my Hooks from look up 8season-knitting-shop on ebay.. she has wounderfull product and i've been very happy with it.. so happy i just bought some Bamboo hooks here is one of her hooks http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Size-33-5-FLEXIBLE-Bamboo-Afghan-Crochet-Hooks-9-15-/380227696183?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5887563637

bamboo to me is easier. to work with if you gimme a min i'll go tomy ebay and post a link to her Tunisian hooks

Archived