I need lots of help

ucrazy1

I've been driving myself crazy trying to google, looking for information and ran accross this site. I read for hours last night and decided to join.

This is what I need help for. I purchased an item that I would like to make. It says it's 100% viscose. Is this rayon? It looks like regular crochet thread, but it has sort of a shine to it and a little more stretchy than regular crochet thread. It looks like it has 3 plys to it (not really sure though)

Also it has sequins on it. How do you add the sequins? Do you string them onto your thread and just pull them down and add as needed? Never done this before.

One more question. It also has a cord elastic on this item and it is the same color as the thread. Does anyone know where you can get cord elastic in colors. It's about the same thickness as the crochet thread. I've already been to Hobby Lobby and Walmart. I can't find the thread nor the elastic cord.

I sure hope you can help me. I'm not a good googler.

When ever I don't know something and can't find it on the internet I try Merriam-Webster online dictionary.

Main Entry: 1vis·cose

Pronunciation: 'vis-"kOs, -"kOz

Function: noun

Etymology: obsolete viscose, adjective, viscous

1 : a viscous golden-brown solution made by treating cellulose with caustic alkali solution and carbon disulfide and used in making rayon and films of regenerated cellulose

2 : viscose rayon

Having found it's rayon then I yahooed that.

http://www.fibersource.com/f-tutor/rayon.htm

http://www.mindfully.org/Plastic/Cellulose/Rayon-Fiber.htm

Looks like this:

http://zjlinsheng.en.alibaba.com/product/50040475/50183742/Knitting_Yarns/Viscose_Rayon_Thread.html

As for the sequins, yup I believe that's all you do, string them and pull them down as needed. I haven't done it but that's what one of my magazines say.

I think you should be able to find the corded elastic at a good fabric store or bead store. Have you tried Jo-Ann's? Not online but in person. Also Hancock Fabric, they're carring a lot of beading supplies now.

Good luck on your project and welcome to the board!

Thanks for the info. I did manage to string some sequins on some thread last night. I made a practice item with some regualr cotton thread. It turned out ok, but I think this rayon thread will make alot of difference.

Next time I'm around a JoAnn or Hancocks, I'll stop by and look. I think I found a site last night that might have the thread, but I can't rememeber the name of it right now. I have it wrote down at home, but right now I'm at work.

My biggest challange is to find matching elastic. It looks like it is around 1mm or less in thickness. I have found alot of black or white and clear, but not colored.

I'm still looking though.

Archived