Granny square hat!

We went to Old Country Buffet for Mother's day yesterday. Jsut before we left an older lady came in the an adorable granny sqaure hat! It was beautiful!

(Guess what else we did for Mother's day!? Jo-anns stop! I got yarn for two new afghans and Mom got fabric for a table cloth)

Amber

Amber,

Our Joann's is nearly sold out of yarn EVERYDAY. I get disappointed. The store says they're trying to correct the problem with the distributer. Does your store do a good job of keeping the shelves stocked?

Currently I like to buy online for big projects, but it costs more... Joann's seems to be REALLY behind the curve on this one...

Margaret

It depends on which one you mean. There are several that we might go to. we were in Flint yesterday so thats where we got the yarn. I didn't think they would have anything I needed at first, because they didn't have much. but they had almost everything I needed!

There is a Micheals and Jo-anns that David and I pass every month on the way to our NORC meetings. The Micheals is better stocked. But we had stopped by a JO-anns etc once, and they were almost out! >: I couldn't believe it! They hadn't recieved the yarn shippment yet. The suppliers can't keep up with us!

• 7 months later...

I remember making alot of those hats back in the 1970's because it was a favorite of everyone that didn't know how to crochet. We had alot of fashions with the Granny squares. We crochet ponchos, skirts, scarves, sweaters, vests and tote bags.

This is great because now alot of girls who want these fashions now want to learn to crochet too!

I live in Brooklyn, NY I wish I had those stores near me. I have to travel far to a yarn store or I have to order it online! :knit

:*csheep

Archived