Turning granny

another daft question from me. after reading another thread ive discovered that without turning my granny squares they look tilted. so ive started turning them eveyr row, and yey straight grannys.

but im finding my turning chains are getting twisted when i do this, any tips, or is it something i need to get used to.

ps im working in one yarn for a 4 row granny atm, if was attaching a new yarn for each row i guess i wouldnt be having the twisted tc

thanks

it just occured to me i best tell you how im doing my grannys atm.

ch4, ss to form a ring, then ch5 (counts as 1 dc and 2ch for corner), then do 3dc in the ring, ch2, 3dc, ch2, 2dc, ss into 3rd of 5 ch to close the round.

i find that working my turning chains into the corners like this gives me a much neater granny. my corners are normally 3dc 2ch 3dc and sides have 3dc and 1ch.

hope that makes sense :)

I also do my grannies like joules does. I find it easier, also I don't like slip stitching to the space between the next cluster when you start a a new row. Another alternative is to turn after each row, but I like the look of the granny being worked in the same direction.

Archived