Can someone help me out

well I'm brand new to Crochetville

in fact, I've never posted in a forum before either

but that's besides the point

I was hoping someone could help me out with this pattern

http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/aqua_blue/aqua_blue_5.html

I was doing just fine until I got up to row 27.

I know how to work a back cross stitch, but I'm confused as to what they want because a typical back cross st usually includes sk 1 dc, dc in next st, and then dc behind and across and into the st you skipped

but this pattern says to skip two sts, instead of one

It's hard to explain where my confusion lies, because I know it should be simple to skip 2 sts instead of one, but the front cross st in the previous row, makes it hard.

sorry, I know this must sound confusing, I'm pretty sure the only way to understand where I'm getting stuck is by trying the pattern yourself, so if anyone has the time, please help!

Hahah, I've never been so frustrated by a pattern in my life.:think

The cable pattern you're working here in the crossover is worked in 2s. It really is as simple as skip 2 sts, make 2 sts and then work the 2 that you skipped.

I'm working on the solas ghan and it took a while to wrap my brain around working triple crossovers. I think the hardest part is keeping all of the sts straight and in order so you know exactly where you need to put the next one (whether it's in front of or behind where you're at)

You'll probably get more replies if you post this in the Clinic forum under st help.

It sounds like the only difference with this one is that you will have 2 bars for each in the X. Instead of crossing 2 sticks to make an X, you will be crossing 4 sticks (2 for each). Does that make sense or am I confusing you more?:think

If you're finding it difficult because your first 2 sts don't allow enough length to comfortably get back to your skipped sts, maybe try doing your back posts as BPTC instead of dc's......?

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

you were all a little right, I found that if I had just continued the sts a little further, I would have realized that I was doing them right the whole time.

They looked awkward because my work was bunching too much, but after trying BPTC (thanks Amyjk), it loosened up and I was able to see what the heck was going on.

Archived