What's so special about Epais?

mandymae

I was wandering the yarn section at my local Hobby Lobby earlier this week when I stumbled upon several large skeins of Epais yarn. The first thing I noticed was the $20 price tag, then I saw that it was acrylic and looked like LB Homespun. What's the big draw with the Epais yarn? (I didn't buy any and don't plan on buying any, but I sure am curious!)

ETA: The skeins were also wrapped in plastic so I couldn't touch the yarn to see how it felt.

I have seen this in my hobby lobby also but it wasn't wrapped in plastic so I could feel it. It feels great and I think it is close to homespun. It is on sale right now at my HL for I think 14.99. The directions on the wrapper show needing 2 of them to make a nice size afgan. I didn't actually compare yardage to homespun since in my HL they are in different areas. If I didn't have enough yarn to make at least 8 afgans already I would have gotten some. I also didn't look to see if it was the same weight as homespun. I think I would have to use it on items where you wanted that 1 color thru out because I wouldn't like to buy 4 or 5 different colors of it for 1 project like I do in homespun.

Leisa

I have seen it, and I think it's overpriced, even when on sale. It just doesn't look like something I want to bring home. But that's just me.

I'm sure others would enjoy it.

:manyheart

Archived