Paton's Diana Yarn????

KER828

My recently deceased Grandmother made sweaters in the 80's for my son and me out of Paton's Diana yarn. I LOVED that sweater and frankly wore it out. (Holes in the elbows etc.) My son loved the soft feel of the sweater when he was young. I came across the pattern for the sweater going through her things since her death. I would like to make it again but what do you think would be a current equivalent yarn? Unfortunately I have not come across a saved label to know the particulars of the yarn she used.

• 1 year later...
My recently deceased Grandmother made sweaters in the 80's for my son and me out of Paton's Diana yarn. I LOVED that sweater and frankly wore it out. (Holes in the elbows etc.) My son loved the soft feel of the sweater when he was young. I came across the pattern for the sweater going through her things since her death. I would like to make it again but what do you think would be a current equivalent yarn? Unfortunately I have not come across a saved label to know the particulars of the yarn she used.

Response: Patons Diana yarns: Machine washable and dryable at gentle cycle. 70% acrylic, 30% nylon. 15 sts= 10cm (4ìnch) on 6 mm (U.S.10) needles. 85 yards. Net wt 1 3/4 oz. Distribute in the USA by Susan Bates, Inc. Chester, CT 06412. Made in Canada.

Didil.

Archived