Arrgh! In Your Shoes Ankle Socks

photojenic

Question

http://www.crochetme.com/issue_1/socks_in_shoes.html

I'm going down for the third time! I can not seem to figure this pattern out. I can do the ribbing for the cuff just fine. I slip stitch the two short ends to make the tube. Then I do the two rows of SC around the edge of the cuff.

HERE is where I get stuck. "Sc across front half of tube (18 sts). Chain 18, and attach on the other side of the tube. (The space between the cuff and the chain is where the heel will go later.) "

When I began my two rounds of SC, they started and ended at the "seam" of the cuff. Which is supposed to be in the back. So how do I SC across the front half if I'm currently in the middle of the back? And if I do start from the seam, then the "18 SC, chain 18" actually takes me halfway around the cuff, then attaching the chain back to the seam.....thereby putting the seam on the SIDE of the sock.

HELP! What am I doing wrong?????

4 answers to this question

I've made these and the seam came out on the side. If you're doing something wrong, then so did I, and mine came out fine :) I know the pattern says it's supposed to be at the back, but I can't think of how that could happen unless you fasten off and reattach, which I couldn't see any point in doing...

I've made these and I reattached the yarn to get the seam in the back (OCD). They'll work out fine, just keep going.

You are not alone in the OCD category :)

Jen, when I made these, I sc'd around a bit more so that I stopped where I needed to in order for the seam to be in the back. It's fine to do that; it won't mess anything up. If you don't really care, you can keep going the way you are now and it'll turn out just fine.

One quick tip about this pattern -- try the tube on before you get too far! Make sure it's not too big. I have relatively large ankles but when I made the cuff to the size specified in the pattern, it was too wide around.

You are not alone in the OCD category :)

Jen, when I made these, I sc'd around a bit more so that I stopped where I needed to in order for the seam to be in the back. It's fine to do that; it won't mess anything up. If you don't really care, you can keep going the way you are now and it'll turn out just fine.

One quick tip about this pattern -- try the tube on before you get too far! Make sure it's not too big. I have relatively large ankles but when I made the cuff to the size specified in the pattern, it was too wide around.

I agree with the tube/cuff thing. I may try to go down a hook size for that part.

Archived