vaugly related to granny squares...

start your chain with however many you feel the need or size/width in even numbers.

1. turn and ch 3 for first DC, then dc in each chain.

2. turn and ch 3 for first dc, dc in next dc, *ch 2, dc in next 2 dc*, continue * - * until you reach the end, ending with 2 dc.

3. turn, ch 3 for first dc, dc in each dc and ch 2's stitches.

4. repeat 2 and 3 until the 'square' is as large as you would like, finish off on row 3.

5. choose any type of edging you desire. use same color or a contrasting color.

I hope this makes sense. This can be made into any size square or even a large afghan depending on how many chains you start with.

Teresa

start your chain with however many you feel the need or size/width in even numbers.

1. turn and ch 3 for first DC, then dc in each chain.

2. turn and ch 3 for first dc, dc in next dc, *ch 2, dc in next 2 dc*, continue * - * until you reach the end, ending with 2 dc.

3. turn, ch 3 for first dc, dc in each dc and ch 2's stitches.

4. repeat 2 and 3 until the 'square' is as large as you would like, finish off on row 3.

5. choose any type of edging you desire. use same color or a contrasting color.

I hope this makes sense. This can be made into any size square or even a large afghan depending on how many chains you start with.

Teresa

*tries*

No... that's not exactly what i was talking about. I like it though. Thanks anyway. :hug

What I'm talking about has shells for all rows... i think.

A friend has a (falling apart) afghan in the stitch and wants another one. I wish i had a pic.

the book 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton http://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Blocks-Blankets-Throws-Afghans/dp/1931499683/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266977462&sr=8-1 has a block like this. all the stitch patterns give the stitch multiple so you can easily expand it to the size you want. if you do the look inside feature on Amazon you can see a teeny pic of each block. it is #76, page 71, Granny Stripe Square.

I have done that before on a scarf. If you end the row with a shell and then turn to work the next row and chain three it will leave a place for the shell to go in on the next row. In other words you are always filling the hole with another shell.

Archived