What a find!

I was out looking for new patterns yesterday and I found a really nice sweater book at AC Moores! (a place where you can use the percent off coupons on patterns and books!) :yay

Anyhow, lots of times I can find a pattern for a sweater that is knitting and would love to make a crochet one like it! I couldn't beleive my luck when I saw this book.

It by Leisure Arts and it's called 'Jackets To Knit and Crochet, Same Style - You Choose!' 14 designs by Darla Sims. I thought at first it was just patterns of knit and crochet (different designs for different crafts) But when I looked through it, I saw that the designs, 7 different sweaters 'jackets', have directions to make the exact sweater either in knit or crochet! Of course the stitching is slightly different because of whether it is knit or crochet, but the sweater design is the same!

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=LA4088

I can't wait to get started!

That is really nice. You are lucky!

I have seen knit sweaters in the past that I like, but I can't convert them to crochet. Lately a number of people have said "Just substitute st for st." Well, I know that doesn't always work.

Archived