Do you buy yarn with a project in mind?

3doxies

Usually when I get yarn I have a vague idea of what it's for, even with clearance. Of course, some of it gets home and sits and decides to be something else. Every now and then I'll buy some because I like it and it's on clearance.

I suffer from a fabric addiction already, so I'm very good. I only buy yarn for a specific project. Now, the fact that I won't be starting the project for 2 years is beside the point. Right?:think

This is SO me. :laughroll I'm in the process of buying more yarn for something I want to make, but I'm months away from being able to start on it.

I usually only buy with a project in mind, unless I'm feeling blue, then I'll buy a skein of something cheap just to have. I did find a good deal on some sportweight Jiffy and some CottonEase and I bought tons of it. It's really stressing me out, though. It just sits there looking at me and I've got no idea what to do with it.

Well, so much for me trying to hold back! I went to Hobby Lobby with my mom yesterday. I recently told her I was trying to use up my stash, but she handed me $25 to buy whatever I wanted and kept pointing out some of the colors she liked. I couldn't hurt her feelings by refusing the offer, could I? :D I now have 4 new skeins of Red Heart yarns (Carrot and Dark Teal, I think), 3 different skeins of varigated novelty yarns that match some other yarn I have, and a yard of Christmas fabric with cats. The only thing I know for sure what I'll be making are some cat stockings with the fabric.

Now, where am I going to put all this stuff???? I'm one of those neat freak people, and I cannot stand for stuff to just be thrown around. I've got to get myself busier on finishing projects. I am having a bad habit of starting something, putting it aside, beginning something else, and I need to finish a few things to make room for new things.

Of course you couldn't hurt your mom's feelings! LOL! I love RH's Carrot...such a rich warm color. Sort of the color of sweet potato pie!

charkitty

Archived