Irish Cape and Scarf....

tracesmom

Question

Ok, so...I'm not a total novice crochetier LOL...but this pattern, one row in particular, has got me :think I guess maybe because I tend to visualize the pattern as I"m crocheting and I'm not "seeing" why this is the way it is...

http://www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/Other/Crochet/Irish_Cape_Scarf.pdf there is the pattern. In particular, Row 3 (yup, they got me early LOL).... So, I'm reading it, I've crocheted rows 3 & 4....there are *supposed* to be those "strings" of 25 chains?? at the end of each row from 3 thru 10?? What the heck are the for??

Or, am I just a total doofus and am reading the whole thing wrong????

Shawne

4 answers to this question

The button holes for the scarf to hook too..

Ya think?? I wondered about that...but the pattern says it works in one piece, from cuff to cuff.....so does the scarf hook to the cuffs??

I had a co-worker here say she thought it was to extend the length of the cuffs...and that the ch25 was actually supposed to be "together" and not seperate "strings".....

Shawne

when it says ch 25, sc in 2nd ch from hook and the next 23, then sc across....

then next row ch25, sc in 2nd ch from hook and the next 23, then sc across...

each time for rows 4-10...I think this is where you are looking at. It will end up being diagonally on each row. I think this is just to be increasing. You won't have "strings" hanging cuz they will be incorporated into the row above it when you SC across, cuz some of the stitches will be the 24 that were done into the chain.

Trying to figure out how to explain it better but can't.

when it says ch 25, sc in 2nd ch from hook and the next 23, then sc across....

then next row ch25, sc in 2nd ch from hook and the next 23, then sc across...

each time for rows 4-10...I think this is where you are looking at. It will end up being diagonally on each row. I think this is just to be increasing. You won't have "strings" hanging cuz they will be incorporated into the row above it when you SC across, cuz some of the stitches will be the 24 that were done into the chain.

Trying to figure out how to explain it better but can't.

That's what my co worker was trying to say too.....Guess I'll frog the couple of rows I've done and try it that way....should work out.....

thanks!

Shawne

Archived