Share the Love - Significant Other VDay 2010 CAL

cris

OK - I need this to get jumpstarted on crotcheting up a project for my DH for Valentine's Day. We normally do not exchange gifts simply because his birthday is the end of this month (he's getting a hat to match his scarf YAY) and our anniversary is February 28th. So, V-Day is smack in the middle of two biggies we do celebrate.

So, this year I am going to surprise him.

What is this CAL for then?

Well - I need some inspiration and motivation to get crackalackin' on my project. This CAL is for those of you with a significant other who want to crochet them a useful item. For those of us with male counterparts, I think the challenge is a little more intense considering it can be difficult to crochet an item for a man without it looking frilly and girly. I would personally like to avoid hearts and the color pink for this CAL - but I shall leave that up to anyone else who wants to join in.

I have no specific patterns or definitive project ideas. I have only this: the item you make is one your significant other will enjoy getting as a VDay present and one that he or she can USE.

I expect to see the following posts from people:

1. Intent to join the CAL

2. Project they are making and for whom (age and gender is good to know hehehe)

3. Any updates to the project

4. Final update when complete (with a picture would be cool!)

So, I know I'll be crocheting some items for my DS and DD; however, remember this CAL is for significant others only :)

I look forward to seeing what you all do!

Obviously I'll be participating in my CAL. I have decided to make my DH (male, age 40) golf club head covers. He loves to golf and I'm pretty sure he only has 1 head cover for his driver (I'll have to check).

I've done some research online and the crochet patterns for these really aren't very prominant (those that are out there just don't call out to me). I have decided to come up with my own pattern. I've established a number filet for the covers. I'm currently lolling over colors/designs. I have 2 little "features" I think I'll be adding to the clubs to make them unique and more golfer-friendly; however, I'm not going to disclose those till I'm done and write the pattern up :)

So, that's where I am now. I'll probably get the yarn this weekend...

*SOOOOOO excited*

Good luck with your CAL, Cris! Great idea!

Last year, I surprised my DH with a Lumberjack Flannelghan. the Pattern is by RoseRed, and is in a CAL right here at Crochetville!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42711

• 2 weeks later...

Archived