How do you rip out a finished off crochet piece?

quiltflower

Hi all,

I am new to all this so please excuse me if I am not posting to the correct forum. It took me forever just to figure out how to post.

I am so very frustrated. I am making strips for throw and I made a huge mistake and trying to rip out a finished piece. It is a continuous strip of granny-like blocks and I can't figure out how to rip it to get it to start unravelling naturally. I keep snipping and snipping and I have already cut up four blocks and just pulling my hair out.

How do you rip out finished pieces? How do you get it to start unravelling normally so I can just pick up a loop and start crocheting again?:help

for my brain, i need to figuire out how you are trying to rip out. you say they are granny square like blocks. are you going to the last row put on and finding where you finished off at?? pull the finished off thread back through the loop and it should start to unravel by pulling. then if each row is a different color, find the last stitch/finished off area and repeat by pulling the end of the thread back through. does that help? (shouldnt need to use scissors for it. )

I f you can post a link to the pattern you are using, if it was a freebie, or mention which pattern and book it was from someone might be able to help you better. If they are the usual type of grannies sewn together into a strip you have to take them all apart before you start frogging.

It will help to know what you are working on. :)

Archived