Space bag storage

I bought one of those space bags meant to store quilts & blankets, thinking that I could store some of my yarn in it. It would be clean, not get musty in the basement & little mice would stay out of it. I decided to fill it with the yarns I know I won't be using for a little while, at least till after the holidays. I fit 104 skeins in that bag. Over half of them are full sized, worsted weight skeins. Ten of the skeins are Pounders or Joann's Classics 11 ounce skeins. I was amazed at what I fit in there. Luckily I was thinking for a change & made a list of what I put in there. I don't know what it weighed. DH got to carry it down to the basement for me. Gotta love a man who doesn't bat an eyelash when he sees a huge space bag full of yarn, just asks where I want him to put it.

I have been thinking about getting some of those bags just for that reason. Right now we leave in a 5 room house with a partial basement. Since its only my husband and I living here, I currently have room for my huge stash. I am trying very hard to use it up though. Partly because our finances are tighter now that my hubby is retired. The other reason is even though we are not very old (I am 58 and he is 65) we do have some health problems that I have been thinking it might be easier for us to live in an apartment. That is where I thought the space bags would really come in handy. I could store my stash in the bags and maybe just store them underneath the bed. I would love to know how the bag/s work for you. How was the yarn after being stored away for awhile? Did they really keep the little creatures out?

Your hubby sounds like a real sweetie. A definite keeper. :ty for sharing about the space bag and its capacity.:yes:clap:hug

Sounds like mine. Mine doesn't have too much room to complain tho - I have the spare room and he has the entire garage lolol.

The only problem I can foresee is that the spacebag is on a different floor and when you do have to open it you'll have to use the vaccuum to reseal it later.

The only problem I can foresee is that the spacebag is on a different floor and when you do have to open it you'll have to use the vaccuum to reseal it later.

There's the shop vac just a few steps away. :lol Plus, my wish list for Christmas consists of storage totes, just the right size to fit on those large, heavy duty plastic shelves. Then it's out from underfoot everywhere. I'll just keep what I'm using upstairs (at least that's what I'm telling everyone!)

Archived