online class prerequisite HELP?!

I'm new to this site and have tried to find the appropriate place to post a question about an upcoming online class. Maybe someone can help?

I'm interested in the advanced filet crochet class starting next week, but in the description is says that I must have the skills learned in the beginning class. Where do I find out what those are? I know a little, but am not sure if it's enough to take the advanced class. Can someone please direct me to the right place if this isn't it?! Thanks.

Here's a link to an old class description thread for the Beginning Filet Crochet class.

You can find the class description threads for previous classes at any time in this folder.

For convenience, here is the information about what is covered in the Beginning Filet Crochet class.

Learn the basic skills that will enable you to do filet crochet, the technique that allows us to create designs or pictures using open spaces and blocks. Kathy will cover:

Description and explanation of all the basic stitches used in filet crochet

Discussion of options for different stitch combinations

Formula for calculating a starting chain

How to turn

How to read charts

How to block your finished pieces

Stitches covered: basic mesh, block, lace, open mesh

Exclusive pattern designed just for this class included.

Pictorial of basic stitches provided.

If you already know those skills, you should do fine in the Advanced class. You can always PM Kathy (Crochetville username: Katchkan). I'm sure she'll be happy to talk with you to help figure out if you should take this class or wait until her Beginning Filet Crochet class is offered again next year.

You must know the basics of filet.

This is the write up I submitted for the class.

Beginner's Filet Class

Learn the basic skills that will enable you to do filet crochet. Filet crochet is the technique that allows us to create designs or pictures using open spaces and blocks.

In this class I will cover

Description and explanation of all the basic stitches used in filet crochet

Discussion of options for different stitch combinations

Formula for calculating a starting chain

How to turn

How to read charts

How to block your finished pieces

Stitches covered: basic mesh, block, lacet, open mesh

Exclusive pattern designed just for this class included.

Hope this helps you decided if you are ready for the advanced class.

Archived