Black homespun

Keiyla

I was getting bored with regular yarns, and picked up some boucle' and some Moda Dea. As you may have seen in other threads, however, I had a lot of difficulty in figuring out how to crochet with it, since I can't make out where the holes are. So I set the boucle and Moda Dea aside, and trudged along with some nice normal baby weight on a ripple afghan.

Now, I've been trying to talk my boyfriend into picking some colors/patterns for his next blanket. (HE says the one he's got is plenty. I disagree. I wonder if he realizes how many blankets he's going to end up with?) He FINALLY picked out the "Autumn Afternoon" homespun afghan on the Lion website. But he thought the dark color was black. When I went to my JoAnn'es, they did not have the exact colors that were shown in the website pattern, so I picked out a "Nouveau" (which looks NOTHING like the Nouveau on their website...this one has browns, green, and blue) and I figured since the boyfriend thought the main color was black, I'd use black as the main color.

The hell was I thinking? Not only homespun, which still causes me the "where is the hole" problem, but black, to boot. AND the pattern is 35 squares, so I have to figure out how to crochet onto my foundation chain no less than 35 times.

I can hardly wait! :lol

My extreme sympathy. I have some I need to be making into a prayer shawl for my friends hubby. He keeps snagging hers, which at least was made in blues. But I want to make him his own, and got the black yarn. So far it's sitting quietly in a bin in my closet, but pretty soon it will need to be worked up. Maybe on a dark night when I have to do it by feel?

Kathy

Last time I worked with yarn like that I hung a bobby pin on each chain. Can you imagine? Before I made each chain, I hung a bobby pin on the yarn, then made my chain. It took forever. But at least it was right.

Archived