Pattern Question (Reverse Row?)

Mintlipgloss

Question

Hi everyone. I have a question and I hope it doesn't sound too stupid!

I am interested in making the STRING BAG pattern over at the Lily website (go to www.sugarncream.com and then check out the crochet patterns...this one's for members only, but it's free to join, so why not?!?) Here's the first few lines of the pattern (and where I get confused):

BASE: Chain 43.

FIRST ROUND: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. DO NOT TURN. Working into other side of ch, work 1 sc in each rem loop of ch. Join with ss to to first sc.

OK - I'm confused. What does it mean to "work into the other side of the ch"? Does this mean that I work my stitches in to my first ch 43 row (the base)? HELP! :think

Thanks everyone!

Jennifer

4 answers to this question

yup...into the bottom part of the chain. I had an eyeglass case pattern that you have to do that with. I figured it out by holding the whole thing upsidedown. The part that is now facing you, that's the part you crochet into. I know someone else can explain this better...lol!

Ok...I did this up quick, so that's why it looks funny...but I thought it would be easier to show you exactly what loops. :) Click to make it bigger. Hope this helps.

th_demo.jpg

You ROCK, Kittencrochet! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! The illustration helps a lot! I am the type who can read something, but until I see it, it doesn't make much sense! May warm chocolate chip cookies fall from the sky for you! :clap

No problem...lol! The first time I ran across that in a pattern I fumbled with it for about 3 days! I didn't know about this place and couldn't get to my friend's house. By the time I figured it out, I was close to banging my head agianst the wall! lol! Glad to save you the same frustration!

It is easier to do the 2nd side, if you work into only ONE loop of your CH on the first side. You do not get such a big hole as you get when you work into the same loop twice.

Have fun.

Colleen:cheer :cheer :cheer

Archived