can't figure out pattern

RebeccaVelasquez

Question

okay, i am trying to make a small handbag that i just loved from the Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts -

5 times now, i have not gotten it right... don't know if it's me or what --- if you have a few minutes.... would you mind helping me out?

here it is:

ch 25 loosely

Rnd1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in ea ch across to last ch, 3 sc in last ch, sc in free lp of ea ch across; join with sl st to beg sc.

Rnd2: ch 1, 2 sc in same st as joining and in next sc, sc in next 22 sc, 2 sc in ea of next 3 sc, sc in next 22 sc 2 sc in last sc; join with sl st to beg sc.

Rnd3: ch 1, sc in same st as joining, (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc)twice, sc in next 22 sc, (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc) 3 tiems, sc in next 22 sc, 2 sc in last sc; join with sl st to beg sc.

only 3 rounds in and i can't get it right..... :bang !!!

5 answers to this question

You are going in rounds.. What they are telling you is to make your chain and than sc in each ch. and than you will go and sc in the free loops of the chains(the bottom side of the ch)

Hope this makes since.. Its hard for me to type it out than to actually show it..

Cathey

Maybe the pattern itself is off. My advice is to go with your gut on where the increases should be. I would think they should be near the ends, like you were saying. Umm, I guess you would have to figure out how many stitches the increase is over and find those stitches on each end. That is just my opinion on it, so good luck!:thumbsup

no they are to be on the side.. usually one of the 2sc will be at the end.. but you dont want them all to be at the end because than the piece wont be oval and lay flat right.. Trust me it will work out, just follow the directions..

Cathey

PS if you need more help just email part of the pattern and I will work it with you. so I can see where your having probs at

Archived