I just want to vent about knitting

at the moment, i have quite a few dishcloths w/ designs in them that i need to get knitted. so will put off learning for now, but thank you so much for the link.

and im still a bit more partial to the crochet, so many ideas to make/do. :D but, was quite surprised to learn how many diff patterns w/ knitting you can do (always saw pretty much the same style all the time before).

sand

I found the tutorial for the kitchener stitch on knitty.com to be *really* easy to follow. I tried to follow the instructions from the original pattern I was attempting, and then tried another website. Made no sense to me :ohdear. Found the knitty.com site and it was clear as day. I just finished my second soaker, I'm so happy I figured this out! Of course I'm not giving up my crochet, I have like four projects lined up! :hook

Tried knitting and I can claim I can do it... but that is about the extent of it. My most ambitious knit project was the 6-hour throw from Lion Brand that used a few strands of home spun on their REALLY REALLY big needles.

From here on out :hook all the way baby!

There are books (I cant think of the one I have off the top of my head) that explain how to go from knitting to crochet.

Archived