Help with multiples.......

Lollie2639

Question

I love trying to make the easy patterns in Crochet World magazine. BUT it never gives the multiple. I wanted to make the little hand bag in this months issure a little bigger. How do I figure out the multiple??????

:think

2 answers to this question

Nobody ever gives the multiple. I agree with you, it's really hard to figure out. Just not good at math. I guess if there is a stitch pattern that keeps getting repeated you need to figure out how many stitches there are in that repeat and that's your multiple. Not sure if that helps.

Just make a longer chain to start and work the pattern as many times as you want to, then make sure you complete whatever is needed to finish the row. The excess chain can be cut off about 6CH from the work and carefully un-picked.

:cheer :cheer :cheer

Make a note of how many times you did the pattern repeat so that in following rows, you can do the same.

The pattern repeat is the bit, usually in ( )

The start and end of the row are usually half of the pattern repeat. Not always but usually.

:hook :hook :hook

I think the only times it would not be possible to use this method would be Filet which has a Motif in the middle or when working in the round.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug :hug :hug

Archived