changin color

:eek I need help. I am tryin to make a kitty cocoon for my daughter. She wants a grey cat with a white belly. I figure i can use the pattern I have, but not sure how to incoporate the white without cuttin tying twice in every row. Any suggestions? :think I really could use your expert advice here.

Thank you for your input.

For a relatively basic kitty shape, you shouldn't have to cut every row. I've done only a little work with color-changing for pictures...nothing like our graph-ghan experts!...but here's what I do (It may be unorthodox, but it works for me):

When I switch back to CA (grey) at the end of the row, I leave the white alone. (but when working the white, work OVER the grey)

next row, gently take the white to where it starts at the next row. hold the grey so that you can crochet over/around it (against the previous row). color change again at the end of the white back to grey, let the white dangle, and continue on.

(etc)

the trick is to keep the white soft enough that you don't pull the fabric out of shape. Also, wherever I can, I try to catch it in my work (crochet over it) so I don't have long loops.

I hope this helps make some sense of it. I'm not sure if I explained my methods very clearly. You might want to try a basic swatch to see if it works. (do a grey square with a white square inside it, maybe)

blessings,

That makes sense to me, believe it or not. I have been runnin the gray along under the white, then cuttin the white at the end of each row. I will try runnin the white back across and crochetin over it. Less knotts will be nice.

thank you

Archived