Desperately Seeking Pattern Help!

DonnaSue

Question

Hi, all. I hope someone more experienced can help me with a pattern question. I'm trying to do LeisureArts' "Just Ducky Baby Afghans" pattern #6 ("Sweet Dreams"). It's a ripple pattern.

It uses a 3-DC decrease, defined as:

*YO, insert hook in next st, YO and pull up a loop, YO and draw through 2 loops on hook; repeat from * 2 times more, YO and draw through all 4 loops on hook.

It also uses a Front Post Cluster, defined as:

*YO, insert hook from front to back around post of next st, YO and pull up a loop, YO and draw through 2 loops on hook; repeat from * 2 times more, YO and draw through all 4 loops on hook.

I just got did the row w/ the clusters, and I have nothing resembling a cluster when I finish. (I've done clusters before in other patterns, and they looked like clusters!) Instead, what I have looks no different from the row with the 3-DC decrease.

Am I missing something? Is the pattern wrong? Please help! Thanks so much for your expert advice!

2 answers to this question

mmm, maybe it's just me but it seems like they would look pretty much the same because they basically are the same... the only difference is where you put your hook and, to me at least, that doesn't seem big enough to make it look any different.

:think

I realize that's not much help, sorry

I think you will find that rather than a cluster as such, it is just another way of doing the decrease in the pattern, just doing it around the front post of the stitchs. :cheer

Just think of it as a decrease not a decorative cluster.

I have just finished a similar pattern in Rainbow colours and it is VERY nice and not too hard.

"Just do it?" As Nike would say, and see what happens.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

Archived