eBook readers Kindle, Sony, BeBook, Pocket PC, Palm, Smartphone what pattern format?

For those of you that are into eBooks and always have your device with you are you like me and like to have your fiber art pattern on your device? If so what format do you prefer? I didn’t do this as a poll because I didn’t want to leave out a format that I don’t know about just as I’m sure I left out readers that I have never heard of. I would really like to hear either the names of the files, such as .pdf, .doc, .rtf, .txt, .prc, .lit and so on, or the programs you use to read with like Mobipocket, Foxit, Microsoft Reader. Perhaps you would even like to share what your device is that you use, do you like it or do you wish you had something different if so what.

Thank you so much for any and all insight you can give on this. :hug

I have a Sony eReader that I like and have loaded as many patterns as possible on. I kinda wish I had spent the extra money and gotten the Kindle though, since I have a Mac and the Sony software isn't 100% compatible it makes it hard to transfer stuff over to it. Book Readers sure are a nice compact way to keep your patterns in one place and easily portable though!! :)

I have the first generation Amazon Kindle. I sent Amazon my patterns in a Microsoft Word document, and they sent it back to me after converting it to a format capable of being read by the Kindle. I believe you can also send them text documents (.txt) and they can convert them as well. I haven't tried sending them a pdf - must go back to read my Kindle owner's guide.

Archived