Help with a shawl pattern

Isabella2000

Question

I have already made one shawl which measures 51" wide and 40" long. I would like it to be wider(approx. 60-65") and alot shorter.

The pattern states ch 108 plus 2.

Rnd: 1 - sc in 3rd ch from hook, sc in each chain, turn;

Rnd: 2 - chain 8, sc in 4th chain, repeat to end, turn;

Rnd: 3 - slp st in next 4 chs, chain 8 and then proceed with sc in all chain 8 spaces.

I love the easy and speed of this pattern but how can I make this wider but shorter? HELP!!! :help

5 answers to this question

i would have thought that you just do less stitches to start with and measure it to get the width you want it and then do the length until it is long enough for you. :hook

:hug

Sounds to me like it is a filet stitch which would be a little harder to decrease quicker.

:think :think :think Could you slip stitch over more spaces and working one space less at the end, thus decreasing an extra part of the pattern at each end, making sure you kept the rest of the pattern going smoothly.

This should reduce the length of the finished shawl. I would then go along the edge of the shaped side and work a series of SC and CH to straighten up the edge. There are other ways to reduce stitches quicker on this sort of stitch, but I would have to do it to work it out.

If you could post more details of the pattern I may be able to work it out properly for you.

Have fun.:hug :hug :hug

Colleen

Archived