Sweater help

Ambersafghans

Question

6 answers to this question

Could you post specificly what it says? I may be able to help.Sometimes sweater pattern measurements can be confusing. For instance, I wear a size 34 bra, however My chest measurement is a 38. When I first made my first sweater I didn't realize that the pattern didn't refer to bra size but the actual measurement around the chest. Needless to say, it turned out too small. Also the reason could be that the pattern sizes they give are taking into account the ease or the way the garment is supposed to fit, form fitting, moderate, comfortable or oversized, it just depends on how the garment was designed to fit.

A little tip about measuring, It helps to have someone else do your chest measurement. You can do it yourself but the tape measure needs to be straight acrossed the back or it won't be accurate. Measure around the fullest part of the chest, and remember that the measurements you are going with in the pattern also include ease to insure a comfortable fit. If the waist or hips are bigger than the chest then go with the larger measurment of the 2 if it's going to be a tunic style sweater. Every body is different some people have longer torso's than others, some people have longer arms so don't be afraid to add a row or two if your measurments differ from the standard.

Archived