Huh?

jokersloose

Question

Hey all,

OK so I did a few sc (is that right?) dishrags, so taking the advice given in a different thread I want to work on a 6' granny square. ( http://www.crochetpatty.com/patterns/squares/basic6.html ) But I have no idea what it is telling me to do. I did look it up on youtube, but I want to figure out to read a patteren. I'm sure not everthing I want to do will be there, or will I want to stop and look it up. Figure I might as well learn to "read" crochet while I'm learning the new stitches.

Some of it I think I can read. Like where it says to 5 ch and join. So I am making a lop from the chian 5 I did. Most of step 1 I understand it's telling to do 3 double stitches then chain 2 and repeat 4 times. But what does

"join B in initial st" mean?? I am thinking it wants me to join the double stitches too the first one I did like in the first lop I made. Is that right? But from there I am lost at what I am reading. :ohdear

So any help on understanding this will not go to waist.

James

6 answers to this question

okay, here goes.

First you do this with three colors, "A" and "B" & "C".

Start with color "A", 5 ch , join in first ch.

1. *3 dc in lp, 2 ch*; Repeat * to * 4 times ; then join color B in first stitch (this means to change the color of the yarn when you get back to the first dc again) and continue on with the stitch pattern as instructed.

Hope that helps. If not, let us know. It will get easier as you go along.

Okay, the directions want you to change colors into your first dc. What you'll need to do is after you do your four sets of dc and ch2, you slipstitch into the top of the first dc you made. As soon as you slipstitch, you are supposed to change colors at this point.

This link should be a little easier for you to read the directions.

Hope this helps!

Archived