Gone Loopy Hair Scrunchie!

I have had lots of fun with this design. It sounds complicated, but it wasn't hard for me until the last row, but then I'm blind and couldn't see my last sc to work in! Give it a try and have fun!

Gone Loopy Hair Scrunchie

This pattern works well with thread too. I have also added a bead on Rnd 3, working ch 3, pull bead up to hook, ch 3.

Materials: Sport weight yarn; E crochet hook; yarn needle; pony tail elastic.

Note: When working loops on Rnd 3, fold loops from Rnd 2 back away from work. this makes it easier to find the correct sc to work in. All sc on Rnds 2, 3 and 4 are worked into Rnd 1. The last rnd gets a bit tricky, but make sure and fold the loops back to "see" your next sc.

Join yarn to elastic with sl st.

Rnd 1: Ch1, work 36 sc evenly spaced around elastic (or a multiple of 3 sts), join with sl st in first sc.

Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in joining, * ch 9, sk next 2 sc, sc in next sc; rep from * around, ending ch 9, sk last 2 sc, join with sl st in first sc.

Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in next skipped sc on Rnd 1, * ch 6, sk next sc on last rnd and sc in next skipped sc on Rnd 1; rep from * around, ending ch 6, join with sl st in first sc.

Note: The sc you make on Rnd 4 complete fill in the sc on Rnd 1.

Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in next skipped sc on Rnd 1, * ch 3, sc in next skipped sc on Rnd 1; rep from * around, ending ch 3, join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.

Archived