Sign in to follow this  
bythehook

diagonal stitch afghan

Question

Does anyone know how to make the starting color and ending color the same when doing a striped corner start afghan:? I read :read a tip somewhere on how to do this but I can't remember where. :ohdear

:bump

6 answers to this question

Guest SamplerLady

I don't think I understand your question, Dot..... I want to answer you by saying that when you get to the last corner you change colors and finish it off....

Are you following a set pattern of colors and want to make sure it ends up with the two corners the same? That I can't help you with without graphing out the whole thing on paper. My brain doesn't wrap around stuff like that without paper and pencil.

Guess I just muddied the waters a bit more.... :bang mmouseplus.gif

I know that you just change colors, but in order to start with black and end with black on the diagonal stitch, I thought there was a trick to it. Something about making the stripes an even or odd number of rows. Does that make sense?

Thanks for your answer.

Guest SamplerLady

Yeah, it makes sense, but I've never made one that figuring it out was necessary. I would have to graph it out myself. Maybe this will help. mmouseplus.gif

diagona.bmp

WOW! :eek2 Did you do that for me?:hug2 Thank you! :hug It will help. :yay2

Guest SamplerLady

You are both welcome. It was easy to do on my cross stitch program. Just a couple of minutes. Glad I could be of help to you! If you need a more exact one, perhaps multiple rows of colors or anything, let me know. It's really a quick thing to do. mmouseplus.gif