New York Times article

Well, this isn't about crochet patterns, or stuff like that, but the New York Times today has a totally cool article about a professor who uses crochet to teach her students about hyperbolic space. I didn't know what that was either until I read the article. The article is accompanied by some interesting photos of her shapes. The article is entitled "Professor Lets Her Fingers Do the Talking" andis in the New York Region link. (You must join to read the NYTimes online, but it's free, and as far as I can tell, I've not been spammed by being a member.)

So not only are crocheters ingenious and creative, they're brilliant, too! Take that, knitters!

Totally cool! Patty

I saw that article and found it really interesting. I'd love to have a pattern but other articles I've seen about her don't have patterns either. She probably uses the mathematical formula (which is kind of a pattern anyway) I'd love to see the exhibit in D. C..

There's a chance - my sister lives there, but probably not since my summer is shaping up to be very busy.

Archived