Another Etsy question...

With the new year came some bad news. I work in the car industry and might soon loose my job..just found out my salary is being cut by 10% and loosing dental insurance..it's going down hill fast.

Anyhow, I've sold on ebay in the past but the cost of listings are getting higher all the time. You have to double list your products if you want to ensure reaching a broader market. I didn't know about etsy until I hooked (hehe) up with this forum...now I'm addicted! I see there are a lot of people on there...but I know no one who sells on the site. If anyone can tell me if they have listings on etsy and how successful they've been with it? I have some crochet items...some hand sculpted dolls...that sorta thing....

Thanks to all!

I'm sorry to hear you job situation is so precarious. Unfortunately, due to our free advertising policies, our members are not going to be able to share the type of information you're looking for.

I would suggest visiting etsy's seller forums and posting your question over there. Those forums are designed to provide all kinds of information and support to etsy sellers. :)

Oh, and another thing: you should only offer for sale finished items made from patterns that specifically give permission to sell the finished items you've made. If the pattern doesn't give such permission, you can write to the designer/publisher and ask for permission.

Archived