Who has found a crochet buddy here?

I probably could've worded the part of my post where I said I was "shocked" differently. Also, I don't think my friend outright asked her that because she didn't ask me, I believe she suggested that as a thing they could do eventually.

I'm not denying that one has to be careful but I'd say I'm cautious rather than "wary", that to me implies fear and I refuse to be ruled by fears anymore (used to be pretty anxious...). After years on the internet having dabbled in chat rooms (not anymore!) and various forums I know what you're all talking about, I even got a virus that way once (but my son was able to get rid of it). Another time there was some wacko who wrote me several times at two different free dating sites and I can't deny that at that time I felt a little paranoid myself but I soon began to recognize suspicious messages, they were always very exhuberant whereas those from serious people were not, anyway, these days I hardly ever go there precisely because of the abundance of "rejects".

However, I also believe I've learned to listen to my intuition a lot better; in each case when someone turned out "wrong" I did have the feeling and in some cases ignored it. Some people are not intuitive and/or don't have good sense, for those I believe it's definitely a good idea to be more cautious and not take chances but that is not to say you immediately reject someone without good reason.

Right now this is the only forum I come to regularly but I soon discoverd an easy way to see other sides to people's personalities; in the off-topics section, you'd be surprised how much you learn about people by watching what their interests are and what kind of posts they usually reply to and how.

I love the perspective you have on meeting a friend online that is so awesome and refreshing I met my fiance online and we are quite happy and teapot where are you located for all that snow and I hope you get better I think I might be coming down with something first last week it snows then the weekend comes and it melts and now we get another big snowstorm and it's coming down hard

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've met some nice people here through pm's and a couple of letters. I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone else nearby to crochet with. I really want to do some crocheting with a local charity, but it seems I've run out of yarn, money, and with job hunting I don't have the time to go out looking. If anyone who lives near Barrow County reads this, please contact me. I want to know if there are any others who would like to crochet for charities in our area.

I love this place, and I'm glad some of you have found new friends to crochet with, it must be wonderful. My fiance stopped crocheting for remote-controled toys, my mom has no time to do it anymore, and my Grandmother isn't a very giving person- which makes it hard for me to crochet for others around her. It's a pretty broing and sad winter around here. Maybe Goodwill will get some yarn in so I could at least make some hats or scarves for some people on here who are involved in charitites. I can hope.

Well, hope you are all having a great day! :hug

Tina

Archived