crochet hoodie

I wanted to make my son a hoodie for his birthday tomorrow. I spent the last week working on it while he was sleeping and today I gave him his birthday present early. It didn't even come close to fitting. His chest measures 20in and it says the 3t is 27in at the chest. My gage was accurate but it wouldn't even go over his head. I feel so bad. Now I am in a mad dash to find another gift for him on his special day. How disapointing.

Oh that IS frustrating.:bang I'm sorry you had this problem:hug I had that happen with a hoodie sweater pattern a couple years for my DS...It was a bernat pattern. Gauge, everything else was correct...I still think there was something wrong in the pattern, particularly at the neck and hood. So I totally understand your frustration. I hope you can find something for him...did you see chrisdfriends' Krazee Kars pattern she just posted? Or do you not have enough time for that anymore (I don't think I could do a whole car in a day, even these tiny adorable ones). I'm not the fastest:crocheting by any means.

HTH

Archived