girl's hat and scarf original pattern (edited)

melstans1

ok people! this is the first pattern that I am sharing with others, so bare with me if you can't understand what I wrote. Please let me know if you need help understanding it and again I'm sorry if it is confusing.

Here it Goes...

Here's the pics...

Click the pics to enlarge them!

th_Photo0055.jpg

th_Photo0053.jpg

places that I edited are marked with a +

Now here is the pattern that i wrote for it...

Yo-yo Scarf and hat pattern

+This pattern is sized to fit a young child (about 6-10 years old).

Size H hook

I used 5 different colors of yarn

4 for yo-yos ( light pink, med pink, dark pink, and purple)and 1 (white) for fill

There will be no turning unless otherwise specified.

First you will make 24 yo-yos for the scarf (I made 6 yo-yos of each of four colors)

Then 8 yoyos for the hat (I made 2 yoyos of each of the four colors)

Yo-yo

I used the “Magic Ring” technique I found at http://www.planetjune.com/blog/tutorials/magic-ring-right-handed/ to make each yoyo. The exception being that I crocheted 15 dc onto the ring instead of sc.

Rnd1: 15 dc , join with sl st, fasten off

Be sure to pull the begining tail as much as possible then weave in ends.

Scarf

+Using the fill color

Rnd 1: with first yoyo front forward, join yarn with sc in any st, *(ch 2, sk next st, sc in next st ) 3 times, with next yoyo front forward sc in any st to join the yoyos to each other*, repeat from * to * until all yoyos are joined, after joining last yoyo with sc (ch 2, sk next st, sc in next st) 7 times, [ch 2 sc in same st as joining sc on current yoyo then sc in same st as joining sc on previous yoyo, (ch2, sk next st, sc in next st) 3 times,] repeat from[ to ] for all yoyos, to complete this round you will join the last ch 2 to the first sc of the round with a sl st.

Rnd 2: ch1, sc 3 times in the ch 2 space created by previous rnd, sc 3 times in the next ch 2 space , sc 3 times in the next ch 2 space, skip next ch 2 space, *4 tr in the space created by the joining sc sts in previous row, sk next ch 2 space, sc 3 times in the next ch 2 space, sc 3 times in the next ch 2 space*, Repeat from * to * to first yoyo , sc 3 times in next ch 2 space, join with sl st

Rnd 3: join edging color (I used one of the yoyo colors; med pink) in any st, ch 2, hdc around, fasten off,

Weave in ends.

Add fringe to ends of scarf if preferred. (I used the same color as the edging color. 7 fringes on each end spaced evenly.)

Yoyo Hat

You will make 2 separate pieces then use a yarn needle to sew the two pieces together.

Yoyo brim

Rnd 1: (using the fill color) with first yoyo front forward, join yarn with sc in any st, *(ch 2, sk next st, sc in next st ) 3 times, with next yoyo front forward sc in any st to join the yoyos to each other*, repeat from * to * until all yoyos are joined, after joining last yoyo with sc (ch 2, sk next st, sc in next st) 3 times,

Now you will join the first yoyo with the last yoyo without twisting the joined yoyo chain.

Bring the first yoyo around to the last yoyo, join to first sc with sl st, sc in the same st as the first sc on the side that you have not crocheted on in this round, sc in the same st as the sc on the previous yoyo, (ch 2, sk nest st, sc in next st) 3 times, [ch 2 sc in same st as joining sc on current yoyo then sc in same st as joining sc on previous yoyo, (ch2, sk next st, sc in next st) 3 times,] repeat from[ to ] for all yoyos, to complete this round you will join the last ch 2 to the joining sc on same yoyo that is closest to your current st.

Rnd 2: ch 4(counts as one tr), 3 tr in the space creates by the joining sc sts, *sk next ch 2 space, 2 sc in next ch 2 space, 2 sc in next ch 2 space, sk next ch 2 space, 4 tr in space created by joining sc sts*, reapeat from * to * around, fasten off,

Now you will turn work around to do the same thing to other edge .

Turn work around, join yarn to the space created by the joining sc, ch 4(counts as one tr), 3 tr in the space creates by the joining sc sts, *sk next ch 2 space, 2 sc in next ch 2 space, 2 sc in next ch 2 space, sk next ch 2 space, 4 tr in space created by joining sc sts*, reapeat from * to * around, join to the top of ch 4, fasten off

Rnd 3: join edging yarn to any st, hdc around top edge, join with sl st, fasten off

Turn work over and repeat rnd 3 on bottom edge.

Cap

Use the same “magic ring” technique as used for the yoyos to begin this piece

+Using fill color

Rnd 1: 6 sc onto “magic ring”, join with lip st,

Rnd 2: ch1, 2 sc in each st around, join with sl st

Rnd 3: ch1, (1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) 6 times, join with sl st

Rnd 4: ch 1, (1 sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st) 6 times, join with sl st

Rnd 5: ch 1, (1 sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st) 6 times, join with sl st

Rnd 6: ch 1, (1 sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st) 6 times, join with sl st

Rnd 7: ch 1, (1 sc in next 5 sts, 2 sc in next st) 6 times, join with sl st

Rnd 8: ch 1, (1 sc in next 6 sts, 2 sc in next st) 6 times, join with sl st

Rnd 9: ch 1, (1 sc in next 7 sts, 2 sc in next st) 6 times, join with sl st

Rnd 10: ch 1, (1 sc in next 8 sts, 2 sc in next st) 6 times, join with sl st

Rnd 11: ch 1, (1 sc in next 9 sts, 2 sc in next st) 6 times, join with sl st

Rnd 12 – 25: ch 2, hdc around, join with sl st

Rnd 26: ch 2, hdc around join with sl st, fasten off

Weave in ends

Now using the edging color sew the yoyo brim to the outside, to the bottom edge of the cap

Archived