*kicks scarf and frogs it*

Guest ParchedWhisper

Question

Guest ParchedWhisper

*Sighs* I finished all my christmas projects. Two aprons a very simple scarf and a simple rolled brim hat. All of them easy and fun to do.

A friend of wants a harry potter scarf. The older one with the blocks of color not the little stripes.

No problem...well big problem. Every time I change the color it gets smaller. I count my stiches and everything. I am starting to get frustrated.

It is just frustrating.

Merry Christmas y'all.

9 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem with the ripple scarf I started last night. Frogged it once and counted more carefully, it's still happening though. I think I can cover it up by adding a row of sc down the edges though, well I *hope* it'll work anyway because I have given up and refuse to frog again. I'm just going to keep going and hope it works out lol.

Wish I had the answer for you. Good luck!

Merry Christmas :*cwreath

Guest SamplerLady
mmouseplus.gifWhen you do your chain X and turn part, mark the top of the turning chain with a stitch marker, safety pin, bobby pin, piece of yarn. When one knows where the top of the turning chain is, it helps in not dropping a stitch at beginnings.

Guest ParchedWhisper

Well SamplerLady's idea has helped!:danc I switched stiches also. Went from a single to a halfdouble and I like the look of that better.

Guest ParchedWhisper

Well they are done!!!!!!!!!!!!! um almost:blush I have the tassles left to do. Could me it is really late, but i just don't get the tassle directions.

You will need a cardboard rectangle in the same length as the tassel you wish to make.

Wind the yarn/thread round and round the cardboard; each complete turn represents two strands of the finished tassel.

Break the yarn/thread when the tassel is the desired thickness. With a darning needle thread the end of the yarn/thread through all the loops at the one end of the cardboard and fasten tightly with a knot and fasten off.

Remove the cardboard, wind the yarn/thread round all the loops, just below the knot and fasten off.

Cut through loops at the other end of the tassel and trim.<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>

<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifDid you try doing it? Sometimes the reading doesn't make sense but the doing does...

:D

Wind the yarn around a piece of card board. Cut end. Cut another piece of yarn about 8 inches long. Thread it under the yarn on the cardboard and bring up to one of the looped sides. Pull all the loops together on the new piece of cut yarn. Cut other end loops or bend cardboard and remove. Tie new piece of cut yarn. Cut another piece of yarn and wrap several times around the end , about 1/4-1/2 inch from the tie. Tie the wrap. With needle work the ends under the wrap and make them part of the fringe.

Much easier is to use

Chelle's instructions.

This may help, too.

Archived