what ARE they talking about--lion brand free pattern

shelbyro

Question

I need HELP with this crochet vest pattern from lion brand:

chenille vest

I understand the rows that make the starburst pattern, but what I don't understand is the instructions for the "yoke":

Row 1 Ch 1, make corner of [2 sc in first sc, (ch 3, 2 sc in next sc) twice], ch 6, skip 3 sc, make corner of [2 sc in next sc, (ch 3, 2 sc in next sc) twice], ch 6, skip 3 sc, sc in next 2 sc, ch 6, skip 3 sc, make corner of [2 sc in next sc, (ch 3, 2 sc in next sc) twice], ch 6, skip 3 sc, make corner of [2 sc in next sc, ch 3, 2 sc in next sc, ch 3, 2 sc in last sc]. Turn. Mark 2 center sc of each corner.

Row 2 Ch 3, skip first sc, dc in 2nd sc, [ch 2, sc in next arch, ch 2, dc in next 2 sc] across. Turn.

Row 3 Ch 3, skip first dc, dc in 2nd dc, [ch 3, slip st in next sc, ch 3, dc in next 2 dc] across, place last dc in top of t-ch. Turn.

Row 4 Ch 1, *(sc in first/next 2 dc, ch 4) to marked 2-st corner, 3 sc in each of next 2 dc, ch 4; repeat from * 3 times more, (sc in next 2 dc, ch 4) to last dc and t-ch, end with sc in last dc, sc in top of t-ch. Turn.

Row 5 Ch 1, sc in first 2 sc, *(ch 6, sc in next 2 sc) to marked 2-st corner, (ch 3, sc in next 2 sc) twice; repeat from * 3 times more, (ch 6, sc in next 2 sc) to end. Turn.

What corners? What ARE they talking about? Can anyone rewrite these 5 rows for me so they make sense? I cannot tell what I am supposed to be repeating, what to do with these so-called corners, etc. :mad

TIA!!!!

4 answers to this question

Well without actually making the pattern I can't be sure, but here's what my thoughts are.

Row one is where you make the corners,

"Row 1 Ch 1, make corner of [2 sc in first sc, (ch 3, 2 sc in next sc) twice], ch 6, skip 3 sc, make corner of [2 sc in next sc, (ch 3, 2 sc in next sc) twice], ch 6, skip 3 sc, sc in next 2 sc, ch 6, skip 3 sc, make corner of [2 sc in next sc, (ch 3, 2 sc in next sc) twice], ch 6, skip 3 sc, make corner of [2 sc in next sc, ch 3, 2 sc in next sc, ch 3, 2 sc in last sc]. Turn. Mark 2 center sc of each corner."

Did you mark the 2 center sc of each corner like the pattern says? The corner being... " make corner of [2 sc in first sc, (ch 3, 2 sc in next sc) twice]," .... which basically means 2 sc in first sc, ch 3, 2 sc in next sc,THIS is where your marker goes, 2 sc in next sc, ch 3, 2 sc in next sc then continue on with ch 6, skip 3, then make another corner... etc. as the rest of the row goes.

Sorry, that's about all I can figure out at the moment. Don't know if it's even a bit of help or just managed to confuse ya more lol. Hope someone can help!

Marvie

Thanks Marvie, that helps some!

I did mark the corners (after using your directions), but I am still confused as to what they mean by "corners"? Are these corners going to be the points of the shoulders? Why are there 4? I feel like a dolt!

Does anyone else have a thought about this baffling pattern?

Archived