I thin I need to restart

My hubbys blanket,but i don't want to.

Before my hubby left for his deploymant,he picket out yarn and stich for his banket.But i think i did go a little over the bord with it.I think it's going to be 12ft wide[i'm not that good with us ft,inz].so I guess i will have to wait for my hubby to call and see if it's going to be to big for him.I think that the blanket is going to be for king size bed,not for quene size.And if i do not change it's going to take me for ever to finish it,as i only croche after my baby is in bed.

I only finesht my firs yarn.

Wow, sounds like an aghan big enough for the whole family!! If you decide to rip it out use a safety pin (or stitch marker) on the beginning row to mark how wide you want it to be - I've started the same blanket 4 times because it was too big, then too small, then too big ....

Good luck, I'm sure your husband will love it no matter how big it is!

Fran

Are you working from a pattern? Or are you just making up the pattern as you go? If you aren't working from a pattern, what I would do is look for one, because most patterns give dimensions. Find one that's really large, and just use the number of chains in the starting chain as the base for yours, that way it will be nice and big, but not so big that you will never finish it.

If it's going to be a personal blanket for your hubby, then you don't want it to be so large that it's unmanageable when he's laying on the couch watching television, but you do want it to be large enough to cover him up and keep him cozy without his feet sticking out. And whatever size you end up making it, just the fact that you made it with your own hands will make your hubby treasure it, because it was made with love. :)

Would you have a neighbor lady or landlady you could show it to, so she could help you figure out the measurements? It would be much easier for someone who has grown up using feet and inches to get the proportion right.

Archived