Oh, NO! One Skein Short, Yarn store is out

gretelgrrl

Question

Hello my fellow crochet-aholics...

I am working on this purty shawl for my mom for her upcoming birthday. I thought that I could do it in 2 skeins, but I ran out of yarn. I returned to the store two days later only to find out that they were completely out of my yarn. :(

I mean, it's my own fault :ohdear , but just incredibly frustrating!

I spoke with the woman there and she said that they usually don't order that much of that shade (It's Homespun Seaspray) and that homespun consistently varies their dye lots, so I will likely have a color much darker or lighter when I go back to buy more.

:bang

She said that this is pretty common and that I should always buy 1-2 more than I think I need (Yeah, this is true... I have certainly heard this before).

Has anyone been able to find a way to order the same dye lot? If I contact lions brand, will that work???

:rolleyes

any input would be helpful. I love how the shawl looks so far, but would be willing to frog it if necessary... :frog

Thank you!

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately even within the same dyelot, LB Homespun tends to vary in shade. You should contact them to see if they have any which I really feel would be a longshot (they probably sell it by the case) but I guess it could be possible. You may have just as good a chance in trying to find a similar shade to what you already have. I wish you plenty of good luck!! :)) :fc

That's not a bad idea, to do a different color at the bottom. Hmmm.

I'm going to look around online and see if I can find a two-toned shawl. Like one on the top and one on the bottom.

Right now it isn't long enough for a shawl for my mom.

It could be that the store does get the same dye lot. It also could be that I can use what I made for something or someone else.

Just one of those "woulda coulda shoulda"s

:frog

Archived