teaching my 22 yr old DD, help, her tension is so tight

any advice on how to get her too loosen up? I got her chain stitch so she can get a hook into it, but sc are so tight the swatches curl up. or will this just come with practice? I have had to have her use hook sizes 4 times bigger than I use.

does anyone have a link to a beginners site? I think I saw one on utube?

she is leaving for a year of service work, and will have lots of time traveling and wants to make simple projects, so is motivated to learn soon, and be self sufficant without her mom.

I really like the videos here and use them often when I am doing a stitch I have never done before. In fact these are the videos I used when I started making cupcake purses and had no clue what fpdc and bpdc were :lol:lol were lots of help to me.

http://www.nexstitch.com/Tutorials.html

This is just a little thing--but I noticed when I was first teaching my daughter she would get so tense and the tenser she got the tighter her stitches got. Every once in a while, I just reminded her to stop and BREATHE. Nice big breath in, relax her shoulders. You know how it is when you're really concentrating, you tend to tighten your jaw and tense up all over. It helped her. She still stops every now and then and I see her do it. (But then again, it could be the paramedic in me--it's all about the airway! :lol)

:hook Colleen

Archived