Yarn substitution

I have a pattern that I want to make, it calls for this specific yarn and hooks.

25% Bamboo

75% Microdenier Acrylic

3 oz / 85 g

251 yds / 230 m Spa is a silky bamboo blend, multi-ply yarn that offers knitters and crocheters lustrous finish and ultimate drape for all your projects.

Here is the hook info

Size US I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook, or size to

obtain gauge (for squares and flounce)

Size US H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size to obtain

gauge (for waistband and drawstring)

and finally, here is the gauge info

GAUGES

Using size US I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook: Small Square = 2"; Large Square= 4"/10 cm

Using size US I/9 (5.5 mm) crochet hook: 3 repeats and 4 rows of cluster stitch pattern = 4"/10 cm

Using size US H/8 (5 mm) crochet hook: 17 sc = 4"/10 cm

What type of NON-acrylic yarn can I use that would have the same stuff. I like natural fibers only. I am open to bamboo, hemp, cotton, linen (prefer not to use wool). This project is a skirt and I live in a hot climate so a lighter/breathable yarn would be :thumb:, I also need it not to stretch to much. I would hate to have it fall off of me while I was wearing it. :lol

Thank you!

Is there any chance you can give us a link to the pattern, or at least a link to the picture? I may be wrong (and I often am!!), but I thought Spa was like a sport weight? With an I hook, that is going to be a pretty, open stitch pattern. Cotton will be a good one, soy is another,and I have also (somewhere on the web) seen a yarn from banana fibre! Let's see what someone else can come up with.

Is there any chance you can give us a link to the pattern, or at least a link to the picture? I may be wrong (and I often am!!), but I thought Spa was like a sport weight? With an I hook, that is going to be a pretty, open stitch pattern. Cotton will be a good one, soy is another,and I have also (somewhere on the web) seen a yarn from banana fibre! Let's see what someone else can come up with.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if I could post te link....it is a free pattern from Caron Yarns.

http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/archena/archena_1.html

Archived