felting fever

bluesaph

Just felted my first purse... a clutch in this gorgeous colour... I'm calling it raspberry neopolitan. It is addicting. It was my first time crocheting with wool, but I decided to jump right in. 2 washes latter I have this thick and soft creation just waiting for beaded embellishements.

I adored the process so much that I just bought up a whole wack of wool in so many colours. Even colours that I wouldn't normally buy, but I figure that once it is felted it will have a whole new look to it.

Just thought I would share my experience with fellow felters who have felt the felting fever!

Anyone have a favorite wool yarn they like to felt with?

I haven't felted anything - don't even know where to begin.

Can you felt an afghan??? hmmmm. I bet that would be warm.

I may need to get directions for this felting thing.

Felting is easy.... just to try it out, crochet a square or circle or whatever out of wool. Stick it in the wash with an old pair of jeans, a bit or detergent and hot water on a short cycle. When you pull it out, it will be dense and gorgeous. You will have created a piece of fabric essentially.

Hmmm - then you can sew the fabric together..

This has been on my list of things to try - after I master the knifty knitter and a few other things. I may have to move it to the top of the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived