Hi!

CrisKad

Hey guys. I just joined the Beginner Knitting group because I want to learn to knit!

A friend just showed me (as in this morning :lol) how to cast on and do the knit stitch.

Can't wait to learn from you all!

Hi Christina, I too recently embarked on learning to knit. I haven't posted here though because so far so good! youtube has some great video tutorials, that's how I learned to cast on and do the knit and purl stitch. I have been making a scarf for DS but it's taking forever! I see that you are from BK, any good crochet/knit supply stores overr there?

Hey Candice. There's a cute little place in Brooklyn called Brooklyn General at 128 Union Street. I don't go there often because they're more for knitters than crocheters, but hopefully when I get this knitting thing down, I'll visit more often.

For my crocheting stuff, I'll just go to the big name stores...Joanns, Michaels, and Smileys. There used to be a Rag Shop a few blocks from me, but they shut down last year.

There are Joanns and Michaels in Brooklyn? I always lived in Manhattan and when I got into crocheting the only place I knew was this art place in downtown Manhattan so you can imagine the prices. :eek Here in Jersey the only real place that I have found is A.C. Moore and Walmart.

There are Joanns and Michaels in Brooklyn? I always lived in Manhattan and when I got into crocheting the only place I knew was this art place in downtown Manhattan so you can imagine the prices. :eek Here in Jersey the only real place that I have found is A.C. Moore and Walmart.

No Joanns or Michaels in Brooklyn, but I live really close to the Verrazano, so I just make the hop over to Staten Island. Brooklyn needs to step up their craft stores by alot!

I have gone to Seaport Yarns in Downtown Manhattan (I work nearby) and it was SO expensive and also the lady was snooty when I told her I was a crocheter. If I'm in a pinch, I'll go to P&S Fabrics on my lunchbreak. They're on Broadway...a little expensive but not bad if you need something right away.

I hate buying anything in Manhattan! The prices are so outrageous most of the time. I might have to plan a trip to Staten Island, although I think DH would blow a gasket if he knew I wanted to go to Staten Island just to go to a craft store.

They taste so good! We had them for dinner again last night because they're so fast. Yeah my hubby would have a fit too if we went to SI just for crafts, so I make up another excuse....like we need to go to the mall for my kid's school shoes.

Archived