i am so stuck and confused

kylee21

Question

i am working on this pattern for this hat located here: web.archive.org/web/20010.../tc-1.html

what has me confused is this part of the pattern on row 2

Work in pattern as follows:

___Row 1: 1 sc in first sc, skip 1 sc, 3 dc in next sc, * ch 3, skip 1 sc, 1 sc in next ch, skip 1 sc, 3 dc in next sc, repeat from * across, ch 1, turn.

___Row 2: 1 sc in first dc, 3 dc in next sc, * ch 3, 1 sc in ch-3 space, 3 dc in next sc, repeat from * across, ch 1, turn. Repeat Row 2 three more times.

especially the

ch 3, 1 sc in ch-3 space

what do i do? how do i do this??

11 answers to this question

okay i got that part finally with your help and everything was going good until i got to this part on row 10:

Row 10: With ch 3 as first dc, work 1 dc in next dc, 1 dc in next sc, * 1 dc in each of next 2 dc, , dc in next sc, repeat from * across, ch 3, turn: 48 dc

is this saying that i should have just completed 48 dc or am i getting ready to do 48 dc. if i should have 48 of them, i must have done something wrong cause i only have forty-five. all i can think is that i was supposed to start in the 3rd chain i made at the end of row 9 before you make the turn into row 10. is that where i went wrong??

what about this part?

Holding back last loop of each dc, work 1 dc in each of next 2 dc, yo and draw through all 3 loops * , repeat from * to * to last st, work last st. 25 sts rem

Holding back last loop of each dc

is that the same as working in the back loop??

okay, something is wrong and i am back to this part to try to correct it.

Holding back last loop of each dc, work 1 dc in each of next 2 dc, yo and draw through all 3 loops * , repeat from * to * to last st, work last st. 25 sts rem

yo and draw through all 3 loops

what 3 loops???

ok I think I read it in a hurry the first time...

What they mean is that when you do your dc, don't finish it, you'll keep the last loop on, then start your next one, keep the last loop (you should have two loops on your hook after the second dc, then do the next one, keeping hte last loop on hook, now you have three loops on your hook.

Archived