Crocheted flowers

So I have been trying to find something to crochet for my wedding that won't take too long. I have already made a ring pillow. I was also thinking about crocheting flowers for corsages and/or boutonnieres out of thread. I can't have real flowers for all of these anyway because of allergies.

Anyway, I have seen some flower patterns that might work, but I'm not sure how to actually make the corsages or boutonnieres. I'm not sure what I'd add to it - leaves, baby's breath, ribbon and such. I would probably buy those but then how would I attach my crocheted flowers since they probably won't have stems? I'm also not sure what type of flower to use. Should I use the same kind of flowers that are in my bouquet? Most of the patterns I have seen are for roses, carnations and orchids.

Does anyone have any tips on how I would do this?

So I have been trying to find something to crochet for my wedding that won't take too long. I have already made a ring pillow. I was also thinking about crocheting flowers for corsages and/or boutonnieres out of thread. I can't have real flowers for all of these anyway because of allergies.

Anyway, I have seen some flower patterns that might work, but I'm not sure how to actually make the corsages or boutonnieres. I'm not sure what I'd add to it - leaves, baby's breath, ribbon and such. I would probably buy those but then how would I attach my crocheted flowers since they probably won't have stems? I'm also not sure what type of flower to use. Should I use the same kind of flowers that are in my bouquet? Most of the patterns I have seen are for roses, carnations and orchids.

Does anyone have any tips on how I would do this?

You can use floral wire or very lightweight jewelry wire. You can wrap the floral wire with floral tape adding either crocheted leaves or store bought ones. Most of the patterns I have seen are for the above. There are some lily and pansy patterns out as well. What type of bouquet are you going to have?

I'm actually not sure what kind of flowers I will have in my bouquet. My wedding colors are lavender and silver so I would want lavender, purple and white flowers in the bouquet and maybe some silver accents, too. I really like orchids but I'll have to check on the cost before I decide for sure. The wedding is in about a year so I haven't talked with a florist yet.

Our wedding colors were purple and silver too, and I had a bouquet of lisianthus which was fairly inexpensive and very lovely. There was something silver in there too, can't remember what exactly - eucalyptus? And I'm not sure if it was naturally silver or artificially, but it was very pretty. Love those colors!

Archived