Something for Crocheters in SE Texas

Elle

I know that we have an uber-long thread here already dedicated to Texas, but I wanted to start a new one to be sure that nobody in my area missed this.

We have a small conference room here at the hotel that I'm going to talk to my boss about tomorrow. I would like to have a group get together here once a week to crochet and knit, and I'm going to ask him whether he would want us to pay for it, or if we could just use it being I'm a manager here. If we can just use it, I would like to start a group that gets together once a week. I'll supply the coffee/tea/beverages and maybe we can take turns providing a small cake or something else to munch on. I am just DYING to get together with other crocheters and, frankly, I am so desperate to sit and talk with someone while I'm stitching that I don't even care if they're KNITTING (OMG, I've said the "K" word!), I just want to get together with someone else who loves yarn as much as I do! :lol

I'm in Bay City, which is Matagorda County. We are about a 30 minute ride from Wharton, 40 minutes from Lake Jackson, 60-90 minutes from Houston (depending what part of Houston you're in), 90 m,minutes from Victoria. If anyone thinks they would be interested in getting together once a week please let me know. The nights that I don't work are Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. I am also off on Monday nights, but I tend bar on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the Saloon here now, so even though I'm off during the day, I'm still working at night from 6 until 10 in the Saloon. I'm thinking that we can meet from 7 until 10, which will give us a nice amount of time together. If anyone wants to stay later, we can even stretch it out until 11 because I don't lock the lobby up until 11.

I am going to approach my boss (who is one of the hotel's owners) tomorrow about it. I don't ever ask him for anything, so there's a good chance that he will let us just use the room, free of charge. He's a sweetheart anyway, so I think I can probably get him to agree to that. I hope so, anyway. I will post back as soon as I know anything. I am also going to put out flyers here in town, probably at the library and on the town bulletin board at H.E.B. to let others know about it once I have all the particulars, but I wanted to let my fellow Texans here at C'ville know about it first. :)

Archived