Felting a wool/acryl blend?

pandora_kick

I was wondering, does anyone have experience with felting something made of a blended yarn instead of a 100% woolen one? The reason I ask is because the only woolen yarn I can easily lay hands on is a blend of 25% acryl and 75% wool. Is it worth the effort to even try it?

Of course I will try a small sample but I would love to hear your experiences with felting blended yarns! :)

hi, I havent had much success with wool blend, it depends on what level of felting you want on your finished item, you would be able to see stitches still and if you are making a bag, you may need to line it. I would do a test to see how it goes....I once mistakenly mixed 100%wool with some yarn that was only part wool....it went very wrong! lol that was the most ugly thing I have ever created...a bag that bulged in places and was a very odd shape! lol good luck and I look forward to seeing your results! :)

Thank you! The whole project would be done in the same yarn so unexpected bulging in places probably won't occur. It is indeed the question whether stitches while remain visible or not.... To be on the safe side I'll make the swatch in herringbone hdc, that will be pretty I think even when the stitches remain visible.

I'll keep you posted!

Archived