Round Frustration

MidnightandOreo

Question

I am making-- trying to make-- the turkish slippers from the book Simply Crochet. This is the first time I've attempted something where I have to follow a pattern so closely-- since there's two of them that are supposed to match, I can't just "fudge" my mistakes.

Anyway, I haven't been able to get past Round 4 after about 8 tries. My problem is that is tells at the end of each set of directions for each round how many stitches I'm supposed to have, and I always have more. Even at the beginning, on Round 2, I am supposed to have 12 and I have 14. At first I was doing a stitch in the same space as my first one because I thought it had to look more "closed up," but I've stopped doing that. Is there some kind of common mistake with rounds that you might guess I am making?

3 answers to this question

Unless you've got family and friends who go 'round counting the number of stitches in everyone's clothing, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Heck, you might even find when you get to the second one, you're still doing those 'extra' stitches and it will all work out okay.

If you *DO* have family what goes 'round counting stitches, well, why haven't I seen you at the reunions? :spina

Archived