What's a good, superwash wool yarn to use?

I'm already thinking about next year's county fair. I had heard that the judge likes natural fibers over acrylic. So I will be looking to make some afghans and other projects out of superwash wool.

What's a good one to use? And where is a good store/online site to stock up on it?

:manyheart

I like the Cascade 220 superwash. I have a whole basket full of it in several colors. Some I bought online that was on sale but most of it I bought from LYS in Saratoga when they had a 20% off everything sale. I have used it for socks, mittens, hats, scarves.

I like the Cascade 220 superwash. I have a whole basket full of it in several colors. Some I bought online that was on sale but most of it I bought from LYS in Saratoga when they had a 20% off everything sale. I have used it for socks, mittens, hats, scarves.

Have you been happy with the way it holds up to use and laundering? Thanks:)

yes I have. I have socks made from it and they get washed and dried, pretty much weekly. My niece wore through her socks - they were not reinforced - in a short time but she walks outside in them....she is 35 years old. She wears through all the socks I make for her faster than any one I know. I have socks from Cascade and Fixation and Sockotta that I have been wearing for 3-4 years with no problems.

I used to use Lion Brand wool ease but I always ended up darning them. Since I have switched to 100% superwashed I just reinforce heels and toes with wooly nylon.

(The last pair I made for my niece I reinforced the ENTIRE sole of the sock with wooly nylon.)

Thank you! Sounds like you've had great results with it. I'm trying to decide on an easy care but good quality yarn for an afghan. The color range of Cascade is a real draw for me. Thanks again:hook

Archived