Gedifra ad in Verena magazine

I bought a copy of Verena magazine recently, and the first page is an ad showing this top http://www.royalyarns.com/knitting-patterns/gedifra-patterns-highlights-81/GD-BK81-Gedifra-Tabea-Ladies-Top.html

I don't know what it is about it, but I just love it! Normally I would be thinking, well it's too open to be very wearable, and thinking the flowers are a little big...but for some reason I just really like it. I looked around online and that particular yarn doesn't seem to be available in the US, and it's quite expensive. But somehow it just inspires me :crocheting

That is so pretty! Unfortuantely, I am neither the size, shape or age to wear it, but it is just so pretty to look at.........I bookmarked the site, to go back and browse, to see the free patterns. Thanks for sharing!

Why not use the motif to make a longer, fuller version of the top? since it's motifs, it should adapt fairly easily to resizing.

I can't figure out which yarn they used to see if there are any less expensive, similar yarns.

Why not use the motif to make a longer, fuller version of the top? since it's motifs, it should adapt fairly easily to resizing.

I can't figure out which yarn they used to see if there are any less expensive, similar yarns.

You sure could do that, to make a more traditionally shaped garment. But the more I think about it, i like the idea of the crochet as an adornment, like jewelry, not a garment. Just something to overlay your clothes...

The yarn is Tabea. here is a place in Europe that sells it http://www.wollerei.at/gedifra-tabea-10er-p-149.html?language=en It doesn't look too special on the ball.

My LYS has something that actually looks kind of similar--shiny and with a little bit of different colors mixed together---I can't remember the name but it has caught my eye several times. never could think what I'd do with it if i bought any, but maybe now I have an idea. :-)

Archived