Help! These booties are kicking my booty!!!!

esekeith

Question

Leisure Arts has a book of patterns called Booties By the Dozen,all made with thread. I've been trying to change the "All Stars" pattern so I can make it with fingering yarn and a size B hook. It ain't working :th !!!

Please, please, help me.

(I'M SORRY IF THIS IS A COPYRIGHT THINGY DEAR ADMINISTRATOR)

Thanks

Deb

5 answers to this question

:D! You're safe with copyright, don't worry. You can post a portion of the pattern you are having a particular problem with and perhaps we can help you figure it out. We just can't post the whole pattern here which then would definitely be a copyright issue. :))

Is your problem in the pattern itself, or with the change in yarn and hook size? :thinking2

My problem is the hook and yarn difference. The pattern is for thread and I want to change it to a size B hook and fingering yarn. These booties are sooo cute, they look like high-top Converse (spelling?) the black and white tennis shoes every boy wore to play basketball back in Ye Olden Days when I was in school.

Is there a graph or formula somewhere out there for changing a pattern from thread to yarn? I know the yarn version may be larger than the thread and that's okay, though I still want them as small as possible, (never happy-that's me)

:ty

Deb

Thanks for the link, Dot. I love the sneaks. I still would like to figure out my bootie problem. I'm definitely making the sneaks and the baby socks I found there. :wowdrool

Thanks

Deb

Archived